Thursday, October 16, 2008

Super Antennas MP1

HRO sold me this antenna when I told them i planned to use an antenna inside my apartment for HF. I think they had intended my mounting it out a window or something.

Still being brand new to HF, I would like to tell you somethings that i learned.

HF right now, with no sunspot activity, with the MP1 indoors; I am getting poor results.

When using the MPI indoors, do not use the Collar Position Info chart. This chart helps you position the collar for the band you want to work. This is good guide only if you have the MPI in a optimal location.

Inside an apartment is not the best location. With limited room for the counterpoise wires and other factors, affecting my SWR: setting the collar position was the last step in getting a good SWR. With my situation my best SWR for the band I want, never matched the Info Chart.

With this antenna indoors:
I have worked voice all over the states on 6m when there are E openings,
30 meter CW, and 20 Meter Phone.

This antenna does tune 40 meters - 10 meters indoors.

Lucky I will be moving into a home soon, and will have more antenna options. Many more options.

73
jay / ab1ii

No comments: