Saturday, April 18, 2009

The unChucked ride Rockland/Hanover

Team NotAchuck:



For the last few weeks Pete has been working on finding trials from Rockland to Hanover. He has done a great job. Today he guided a tour of what he found so far. This means that today's ride was a great 13 mile workout. Some sweet riding! Thank you Pete. Today we started around 8:23am from an industrial park in Rockland. The day was great for riding, nice and cool with no rain. The trails start in Rockland behind the industrial park. They are made up of old military roads. Lots of rotting infrastructure left behind, including buildings, bunkers, roads, telephone poles etc. The roads are so old they have become trails. After a while we were on the Greenway in Hanover. Nice groomed trails. The people of Hanover care very much for their Greenway. We ended at the Falls in Hanover. About 1 hour out, and 1 hour back.

I brought my MTX925 with my, and noticed that Jeff's (N1ZZN) 900 Meg repeater in Marshfield covers the whole trail system quite nice. We will see if this is still true when all the leaves are out in full bloom. I did have a Quick QSO with Randy N3HFK at the trail head, and received a good RST report.
I can't wait for the next trip to this trail system.


George's Bridge
Pete's Crash Site
At the Falls:















1 comment:

anniecatherine said...

There is too much beauty to comment on! The ship looks like the one that was hijacked-where was that taken? I so love your biking/trailing outfit-you are smart to go prepared. Pete did do a great job mapping out your journey. Tell Pete your mother grew up in Rockland-he's made me proud! You make me proud-enjoying God's creation. Can you give me a single pic of you in your outfit?
Keep trailing! Kudos to Pete.
Love, Mom