Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wompatuck State Park

Two Weekends Two Rides

Ride 1:
Last weekend I tried to lead an Intro to mountain biking ride. This was for my friend Chris. I missed my offset and I kept getting lost going down trails when I thought I knew where I was going. Even with a map! I missed several chances to go in the right direction as they were suggested by Chris. Oh well. Chris was a great rider. He did a great job getting his hybrid bike tearing down the trails.

Ride 2: I decided to try to make a better loop, and take the correct turns this time. Today was a very nice morning. Sunny, and a bit humid. Left the lot at 8:10AM and was back by 9:20AM.

Ride started at lower lot through gate, left onto N2, Then left onto pavement, next right onto pavement, then right on to N15, then keep straight onto N16, through fallen gate, into the Annex Area. Took first left onto pavement (Doane Street). This was a nice shady paved descent through a few missing gates, with lots of side paths on the left hand side. Then left onto NS2 to NS11 Then somehow into the Nature Study Area Loop, Hooked around NS9 to NS3 to pavement. Then right back onto Doane Street, then Left onto N31, onward to N30, N24, N23, to N19. At N19 I took wrong turn and end up looping back to N19-N23. So this time i road N20, N21, N22 and from there pavement back to the lot.

No comments: