Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hemenway Hill Hancock Hill in the Blue Hills MA

Today was a great day for a hike in the Blue Hills MA. It was partly sunny, and the temps were in the low 40s F. I wanted to buy the new Dec 2011 trail maps and get a few copies of the new Mountain Bike maps. So I started my hike today at the Blue Hills Headquarters. Then took Rotch Path at 1122, next Hemenway Hill Path at 1121, next onto Jeffries Trail that runs North at the summit of Hemenway Hill, then it bends to the East down to 1182. Around there there's a fenced in Well!  Moving along Base Path to 1185, then onto Hancock Hill Path starting at 1204.  Then to the summit of Hancock Hill via path 1201. Made it to the summit of Hancock HIll. While there I had a QSO with Dave N1LUM on simplex, 146.520. It was nice to meet Dave and hope to catch him again. I took the Blue Line Trail back to the Headquarters and onto the parking lot.  Over all the hike was under two hours. 










No comments: