Monday, December 26, 2011

Chickatawbut Hill, Fox Hill, & Wampatuck Hill Blue Hills Quincy MA Hike

Today it was going to be a longer hike.  Temps in the 30s F when I started, high in the 30s F at the end.  Quite breezy especially at the summits.  Got an 8:00 AM start from Shea Rink Parking lot.  Then I hiked the Sawcut Notch Patch to the gas line.  I hiked the gas line south all the way to Chickatawbut Road.  After crossing the road, I picked up the Red Dot trail heading South.  Shortly I took a left onto a narrow trail that lead to the summit of Chickatawbut Hill.  I then took a narrow trail down to the yellow dot trail to the Overlook Area on the road.  After crossing the road again I picked up Ceder Rock Path at 4013.  I took this to the pipeline at 4012.  I took the pipeline North to 4048, and took a right on to Ridge Path.  At 4072  I took left onto a narrow path, and took that too Pine Tree Brook Path.  Heading West on this path I took a right onto a narrow path and follow to the green dot trail.  From there It was my normal route up and over Fox Hill, then onto Wampatuck Hill,  and back to the parking lot via Green Dot Trail.  Today was a very good hike.  I was back at Shea rink at 11:00 AM.













No comments: